A new addition to the Blend Studio suite of tools is our Beta Release of Blend Studio Player which gives you the ability to install VR apps created using the Blend Studio Creator onto the Oculus Go and other Oculus platform headsets.
The Blend Studio Player downloads the VR app to play locally which means once it's downloaded you will not need to be connected to wifi to play your VR apps. It will also download the highest quality video possible for the best viewing experience on your VR headset.
Install the Blend Studio Player app on your VR headset
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us which email address you'd like to enable for this native app. This email address needs to be the same one that you use for your Oculus Account and to log into your headset.
- Once we have set you up you will receive an email with the subject “Release Channel offering from Blend Media on Oculus Go".
- Click on the link in this email to accept the offering.
- Put on your Oculus Go and navigate to Library -> Not Installed
- Select the “Blend Studio Player” app and it will start downloading.
- The app will ask for permission to read files and photos on the device. Select “Allow”. This is required because the app downloads the files it needs to run the experiences offline and stores them locally.
Viewing the VR app you created using the Blend Studio Player
- Launch the Blend Studio Player app
- Login using your Blend Media login details.
- You will now see a list of all of your published projects and can swipe left and right to see more. If you can't see your project in this list it is because it hasn't been published yet. If this is the case please go back to the Blend Studio Creator and publish your project so that it appears in this list.
- Use the laser pointer to select a project and it will start downloading.
- Once a project has finished downloading it will appear in the "Downloaded Projects" list.
- Select any project in the "Downloaded Projects" list to start it playing.
As this is a beta release, there will inevitably be a few rough edges that we are working on ironing out. Please let us know if you have any feedback or requirements and we'll work to add to it and improve it based on what you need.
If you have any problems with the app or have suggestions for how we can improve it, please email email@example.com to let us know.